Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Joy

I would like to pretend that I was clever and purposely selected and arranged these cookies to spell the word Joy, but really I didn't. This was a complete coincidence. I just selected a couple of cookies that I liked the looks of and happened to notice they made a word while I was flipping through the images on my camera. I am quite proud of my subconscious cookie spelling abilities, and fully intend to spell things with cookies again in the future. Yet another use for sugar cookies, to send subliminal messages to those you love!

On another note, below are a small sample of the Easter cookies I created this week in order for the holiday. I hope the make everyone's day just a little bit brighter!

This is a photo of an Easter themed bouquet that my sister took to work in order to bring a little bit of Easter joy to each of her coworkers. I love all of the bright, Springy colours I get to use this time of year.



These were some individual Easter cookie favours I created for another work group. These are some of my favourite shapes to decorate, I get to be creative and try out all kinds of designs. The only problem with butterflies is that if you do something really cool on one wing, you have to be able to repeat it on the other side!



This Easter bouquet found a lovely Easter tree to pose with on the front porch of its recipient.

Even the Easter bunny got in on the action!

This has to be my favourite cookie of this Easter season, if not my favourite cookie that I have ever made. I have been affectionately calling it "zebrabbit". Look for more zebra print in the future, I had way too much fun making this cookie to stop here!

These are just a a sample of the over 70 Easter cookies that were put together this week. Let me know what you think!



 A couple of Spring Chickens!

And last but not least, the ever popular carrot cookie. Contrary to popular belief, it is not healthier than any of the other designs, but if you would like to think that it is, go ahead!


1 comment:

  1. They all look fantastic! Bet ya can't eat just one!

    ReplyDelete